Monday 26 March 2012

It's been a while.

 It's been a loooong time since my last post. I do apologize.

We're very busy with Le Petit Bar right now. This week marks a milestone for me, as the HRV (air return/ventilation/heating/cooling) is installed and the last of the trades hired finish their work in Le Petit Bar. The space is painted, and we're working on staining the woodwork. Roland and I were a little too aggressive with staining on Saturday, and made ourselves sick from all the fumes. Pretty ridiculous. Lesson learned (take a lot of breaks, outdoors in the fresh air). Having some air circulation in there will help in the future.

What's left - the zinc bar top, assembling the tables, final touches, equipment moved into place, and the liquor license. I hope hope hope the AGCO can process our liquor license in a reasonable amount of time.

We have some solid recipes now, and our staff is hired. We have a ways to go still, but I am confident we'll be open in April. Thank you for being so patient - has this journey felt as long to you as it does to me? I'm excited to meet those of you I haven't yet when we open our doors. The opportunity to connect with you through this blog and over twitter (@lepetitbarptbo) has been very rewarding.

Special thank you to Meghan (no photo - sorry!), Jane, Emily, Sarie, Andrea (also no photo) and Laura (also no photo!) for spending some time helping us over the last couple weeks as we painted the space.

The bouquet garni that flavoured our pork rillettes braising liquid

Refreshing endive, grapefruit & avocado salad

Carrot, cauliflower & roasted red pepper terrine, wrapped and ready to set in the fridge

Sarie (left) and Emily (right) hard at work

Jane works hard, helping us paint



Back & neck breaking work - that's me, painting the ceiling.

One of our kickass chandeliers - Thanks Brad!

A most necessary piece of equipment




No comments:

Post a Comment