We have a really fantastic wine list to get you through the coming cold weather. Hearty, spicy, warming reds, and full, creamy, satisfying whites. This is a goodie!
2011 Humberto Canale Black River Torrontes, Patagonia, Argentina
- aromatic, floral, light-medium bodied, crisp, bright acid
2011 Chateau de la Bouyere, AC Bordeaux, France
- white Bordeaux: Sauvignon Blanc and Semillon, typical green & tropical Sauvignon Blanc notes, friendly
2011 Domaine des Lanes Blanc, AC Corbieres, France
- Vermentino and Grenache, drinks very Italian, made in France, ripe apple, bitter almond, lemon, really pleasing, great quality wine
2004 Domaine Barmes Buecher Pinot Gris, Alsace - coming soon
- this is the oldest wine we have served yet. Golden, near orange colour, mushroom notes, rich nuttiness, surprising and amazing.
2011 Tawse Winery Quarry Road Vineyard Gewurztraminer, VQA Niagara, Ontario
- very aromatic nose: rose water, ginger, honey, spice, off dry-medium sweet from Canada's best winery
2010 Millton Opou Vineyard Chardonnay, Gisbourne, New Zealand
- biodynamic small batch from one of New Zealand's premier wineries, oaked Chardonny, tropical fruit, lemon, toast, very, very delicious. Sure to change your mind about Chardonnay (should you be in the "I don't like Chardonnay" camp)
2010 Adega de Mesao Frio "Claustru's Tinto", DOC Douro, Portugal
- full bodied, tannic wine made from Port grapes. Fantastic value
2010 Bodegas Peique Tinto Mencia, DO Bierzo, Spain
- Mencia is a grape once thought Cabernet Franc (by another name), it has since been discovered that Mencia is its own grape. Not as herbaceously green as typical Cabernet Franc, but very juicy, lots of berries. The jammy nose is deceiving - this is a well balanced wine
2011 Gaia Agirogitiko, PDO Nemea, Greece
- It's time to stop believing that Greek wine is plonk. This is delicious! Our lightest bodied wine, and reminiscent of premier Gamay Noir (think Morgon, France). Very good
2010 R8 Cabernet Sauvignon, California
- R8 is a virtual winery operating out of Tin Barn winery. A subdued California Cab.
2010 Karlo Estaes Merlot, VQA Prince Edward County, Ontario
- very juicy Merlot made from Niagara grapes by one of the County's most decorated wine makers, Richard Karlo. Juicy berries, some herbal notes, more structure than you might expect
2010 Paolo Scavino Nebbiolo, DOC Langhe, Barolo, Italy - coming soon
- this is for you Barolo drinkers. Big, big wine. Fruit, earth, acid, tannins. Enjoy!